Tuesday

Blinded.

I love the sun. It keeps me warm, and creates beautiful colors and lights. Growing up, I loved to look straight into it to see how long I could do it before my eyes started hurting. I loved looking at the ring directly around the perimeter of the core, then move my gaze slowly outward. Then I'd wait a few minutes to re•adjust my eyes to the darkness of my surroundings, seeing only a big white blob everywhere I'd look.

Much to my parents warning that doing so would blind me, I did it anyway. I do wear prescription glasses/contacts and am surprised I'm not totally blinded from it. God sure was looking out for me. At the end of my life, I foresee me sitting in a rocking chair, hand in hand with my wonderful husband, gazing blindedly at the sunset, taking in all it's glorious light as he describes to me the beauty of it.


At the end of our session on our drive back, I looked straight at the sun again. :) Loved it, and we jumped out and "set up shot" right there on the side of the road. We had many passerbys heading up to go night skiing. I'd like to think they slowed way down to be cautious of us pedestrians, but I'm pretty sure they were more curious as to what was going on and smiled from ear to ear as they saw the beautiful Jourdan. I believe we had a couple re•driveby's. :) I don't blame them. I would have done a double take too if I were in their shoes, er, car.





3 comments:

Boybarian Dad said...

Jen,
you have totally elevated to another level. Job well done, I'm very impressed and inspired both. And what a gorgeous model.

You're on your way to stardom my friend.

B Dad

Bree said...

I agree with Boybarian Dad! Awesome job Jen!

Cathy Crawley said...

Oh my, that sunflare in the 3rd shot is fabulous! Wow, wow, wow!