Monday

He's got heart.

I love people with big hearts...in a major way. I would absolutely bend over backwards for them because I know they will do the same for me, and trust me when I say that I've had a whole lotta' them in the past and today who have helped influence who I am today. They are the people who remind me that there is always someone you can turn to when you are "down in the dumps" as they say; they are there when you need words of encouragement, a heartfelt hug, or just there to listen to you. But I also know that they are there to share in your life's joys and happiness.

My husband is one of those such people....from day one (Drawing class in the fall of '02). He was there when I needed an ear to talk to, he was right beside me through all my hardships and trials, and embraced my happy times with me. He was there when we drew naked people in class! If you've never tried it, I can tell you it's quite challenging...the human form is soooo complex. It's all the little things he does that has the most impact on me.

Take for instance this evening. He walked in the door with a small box. Surrounding this box were little holes meticulously punched through at 1 inch intervals. He was ever so carefully holding it as to not tip it over. I couldn't imagine what in the world he had in there...some sort of animal. Then I thought this was a prank he was trying to play, as he's very fond of playing that game with me. So until the kids went to bed, the 'box' just sat on top of our t.v....no way was I going to open it without knowing what was going to jump out at me. I know, I'm a total sissy when it comes to that sort of thing. After the kids went to bed, he had such a worried look on his face as he took the box down....."I don't know what to do with it, it was flopping around the parking lot with a broken wing.......I couldn't just leave it there, and he's a cute sparrow." Then he proceeded to tell me that he thought maybe we could buy a birdcage for it and keep it as a pet.....ha! That idea didn't last long at all. So tomorrow he is going to call the fish and game is it?..."I'll pass it onto their plate".....I pretty sure they will just put it out of it's misery, if they take it at all. Until then, he's made him a comfy little hotel and he's currently sitting on the kitchen table.


Room and board! My husbands got everything covered. What a man. What a big heart.

1 comment:

Tyra said...

that is too cute!